Rules for Mahzooz
These Rules for Mahzooz ("Rules") set out the various rules and procedures that apply when You Enter a Draw.
By Entering a Draw, You expressly agree to be bound by these Rules. We have also issued the Additional Policies and We recommend that You read and understand these before Entering. Copies of the Additional Policies can be found on the Online Services.
These Rules and the Additional Policies constitute the entire agreement between You and Us in relation to You Entering a Draw. The Additional Policies are hereby incorporated into and form part of these Rules and by Entering a Draw, You agree to be legally bound by the Rules and Additional Policies.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Rules, all capitalised words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
Account An on-line account maintained by a Participant on the Central Computer System which contains a Participant’s personal information and all other relevant details necessary to enable the Participant to top-up Credit, purchase Products, Enter a Draw, and withdraw Prizes.
Cookies Policy The Mahzooz Cookies Policy, a copy of which can be located on the Online Services. Credit
Credit is topped-up via a credit, debit or pre-paid card or cash, where applicable, and is located in the Credit Balance section of Your Account. Credit is used (and can only be used) to purchase Products. You will be eligible to submit one Entry for every Product purchased.
Credit Balance A section in each Participant’s Account which shows Credit.
Customer Support Mahzooz customer support, which can be contacted toll-free from within the UAE on 800 5825 or +971 4 571 3410 from outside the UAE or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Draw The process which results in the random selection of the Winning Numbers for Mahzooz using a Draw Machine. Draw Machine A machine that mechanically mixes the Ball Sets and randomly selects the Winning Numbers from that mix. Draw Manager An employee of the Manager whose responsibility it is to organise and manage each Draw. Draw Procedures The internal draw procedures that apply to a Draw, as determined by the Manager from time to time. Entry A Line for entry into a Draw which is recorded as an entry on the Central Computer System. Enter, Enters, Entered and Entering shall have correlative meanings. Favourites A facility whereby a Participant may save their favourite numbers for Entering a Draw. Government Representative A representative from the Department of Economic Development, who attends the Draw to confirm its integrity and fairness. Immediate Family Members With respect to any individual, such individual's partner (including, without limitation, spouse and qualified domestic partner) and persons who are, to some extent, maintained by anyone mentioned in Rule 2.2(d)(i) to (iii), in either case if living in the same household as that person. Insurance Representative A representative of the insurance company providing jackpot insurance, who will perform independent verification of the Draw. Kiosks Independent kiosks situated around the UAE offering Participants the ability to top-up Credit, purchase Products and Enter a Draw. Line One line of six numbers chosen by You (whether manually, by Favourites or Quick Pick) for entry into a Draw. Mahzooz Mahzooz, a jackpot draw managed from the UAE, the result of which is determined by a Draw. Match Five Correctly matching five numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers. Match Four Correctly matching four numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers. Match Six Correctly matching all six numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers. Match Three Correctly matching three numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers. Manager, We or Us EWINGS LLC, a limited liability company incorporated in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi acting in its role as the appointed managing company for Mahzooz. Online Services The App and Website. Participant, You or Your A member of the public who intends to or top-ups Credit, purchases Products and/or Enters a Draw.
- Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and, in the plural, shall include the singular.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the English and Arabic translations of these Rules, the English version of these Rules shall prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- If there is any inconsistency between the instructions on the Online Services and Kiosks or promotional and point of sale materials and/or advice and these Rules, these Rules prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- In these Rules, all capitalised words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Entering a Draw
- Products are available for purchase from the Online Services and Kiosks at a cost of AED 35 (Thirty-Five Dirhams) of Credit (or such other amount as We may, from time to time, determine) per Product. You will not receive your purchased Product, instead, it will be donated to the needy via our charitable partners. You will be eligible to submit one Entry for every Product purchased.
- You may only Enter if You:
- are at least 18 years of age;
- are not prohibited or restricted from Entering under the laws of Your jurisdiction of residence or jurisdiction in which You are located when Entering;
- at all times abide by these Rules and the Terms;
- are not:
- a shareholder, manager or employee of the Manager;
- the Government Representative, the Insurance Representative, or the Draw Manager;
- a third party, contractor or consultant of the Manager engaged to review the insurance, audit and security procedures related to the Draw;
- an Immediate Family Member of those mentioned in Rules 2.2(d)(i) to 2.2(d)(iii);
- a resident of a sanctioned or embargoed country; or
- on a global list of high-risk and sanctioned individuals.
- To create a Line, You will be asked to select which Draw you wish to enter and then You will need to select six numbers, either manually, by Quick Pick or Favourites in accordance with the instructions on the Online Services or Kiosk. It is Your responsibility to verify your Entry; once You have confirmed Your Entry You will be Entered into the relevant Draw and You will not be able to cancel the relevant Entry.
- Products can only be purchased using Credit - please follow the instructions provided on the Online Services or Kiosk. You will be eligible to submit one Entry for every Product purchased. Where a request to purchase a Product is accepted by us, the corresponding amount of Credit will be deducted from Your Credit Balance. If You have any questions, please contact Customer Support.
- All successful Entries will be acknowledged via in-Account messages or where relevant, push notifications.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement of Your Entry, Your Entry may not have been recorded on the Central Computer System and therefore it may not be valid. In the event You do not receive an acknowledgement, please check Your Account to see if Your Entry has been registered. If You cannot see it, please contact Customer Support.
- Entries made on the day of the relevant Draw after 20:30 hours (Gulf Standard Time), or such other time or day as We may determine, will not be entered into that Draw.
- There is no general right for a Participant to Enter a Draw. We may refuse Entries and/or limit the number of Entries You can make without giving a reason.
- We will determine the time, frequency, date, and method of the Draw for Mahzooz. As at the date of these Rules, the Draw will be held at approximately 21:15 hours (Gulf Standard Time) on each Saturday.
- Each Draw will be made using a Draw Machine or such other audited equipment/method as We may from time to time in Our sole discretion determine.
- All Draws will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Procedures and in the presence of the Draw Manager, Insurance Representative and Government Representative. The Draw Manager and either the Insurance Representative or Government Representative will record in writing, and subsequently enter the Winning Numbers in the Central Computer System – only these numbers will be the Winning Numbers for that Draw.
- In the event that a Draw does not take place or is invalid or interrupted due to equipment failure or for any other reason, the Draw will be completed in accordance with the Draw Procedures.
- The Winning Numbers for each Draw will be made available on the Online Services and through Customer Support as soon as practicable after each Draw. The Winning Numbers will also be issued to the national media and may be published in such other manner as We may from time to time determine. You will have no claim for compensation for any failure on Our part to publicise the Winning Numbers or for failure to notify holders of winning Entries; it is solely Your responsibility to check Your Entries against the Winning Numbers.
- You will not be entitled to claim for compensation, and We will not be bound by any errors contained in any announcement or publication, whether typographical, printing or otherwise or any publication or announcement of the amount of the Prizes in a Draw (including, without limitation, where the announcement or publication is made before the amount to be paid in Prizes is finalised).
- In the event of a discrepancy between the Winning Numbers published on the Online Services and/or other announcement or publication and the official Winning Numbers contained on the Central Computer System, the latter shall prevail.
- In the event that the final verified number of winning Entries is different than the initial publicised number of provisional winning Entries, the Prize money payable to such winners may vary.
- Winning a Prize
- There are four Prize categories in each Draw:
- Match Three - the Participant has correctly matched three numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers;
- Match Four - the Participant has correctly matched four numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers;
- Match Five - the Participant has correctly matched five numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers; and
- Match Six - the Participant has correctly matched all six numbers in any one Entry from the Winning Numbers.
- The Match Six Prize is fixed at a minimum jackpot of AED 50,000,000 (Fifty Million Dirhams) per Draw. The Match Six jackpot will remain at AED 50,000,000 (Fifty Million Dirhams) until it is won or We, in Our sole discretion, decide to increase the Match Six Prize. The Match Six Prize will be divided equally between all Match Six winning Participants.
- Prior to each Draw, the Manager will determine the Match Five Prize. The Match Five Prize will be based upon the number of Entries in the previous week's Draw, however, in no event shall it be less than AED 1,000,000 (One Million Dirhams) per Draw. The Match Five Prize will be divided equally between all Match Five winning Participants. If there is no winner of the Match Five Prize for a Draw, then the Match Five Prize will roll-over and will be added to the value of the following Draw's Match Five Prize. The Match Five Prize will continue to roll over until there is a Match Five winner.
- Each Match Four winner will receive a fixed amount of AED 1,000 (One Thousand Dirhams).
- Match Three winners will receive a fixed amount of AED 35 (Thirty-Five Dirhams).
- Participants that match numbers from the Winning Numbers drawn will only win in one Prize category per single Entry but shall be entitled receive the Prize for the highest Prize category won (i.e., if You are a Match Five winner, you will only receive the Match Five Prize – You will not receive a Match Four and Match Three Prize).
- All Prizes will be rounded down to the nearest AED 1 (One Dirham).
- All Prize winners will be notified by email (where an email address has been provided), in-Account messages and, where relevant, push notifications. You remain responsible for claiming Your Prize.
- Federal and jurisdictional income taxes may apply to any monetary Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- Prize winning and all aspects of Mahzooz are subject to these Rules and the Additional Policies.
- There are four Prize categories in each Draw:
- Payment of Prizes
- Prior to the payment of a Prize, the Entry must be validated according to Our validation procedures, including potentially screening Participants against a global list of high-risk and sanctioned individuals. Any paper receipt or confirmation of an Entry provided by a Kiosk is not and will not be accepted as valid proof of Your right to a Prize. Our decision as to the validity of an Entry is final and binding.
- In addition, prior to a Prize being paid, You may be required to provide:
- full identification documentation; and/or
- a statutory declaration as to ownership, entitlement and compliance with relevant laws.
- We will only pay a Prize based on the official Winning Numbers of the relevant Draw recorded in line with Rule 3.3 and will not pay a Prize based on results recorded elsewhere.
- Subject to verification of identity, proof of age and Entry validation, all Prizes will be directly credited to Your Winnings Balance in Your Account after the relevant Draw.
- In order to receive Your Prize, You will need to either transfer (all or part) of the funds in Your Winnings Balance to Your Credit Balance or request a withdrawal in cash via an Authorised Financial Institution or by bank transfer. Please refer to the Terms for further information.
- Match Six Prizes must be claimed in person in the UAE. Payment will be made by bank transfer to a UAE bank account.
- You need to withdraw or transfer Your Prize on or before the Withdrawal Period. Any Prize not withdrawn or transferred to Your Credit Balance before the end of the relevant Withdrawal Period will be forfeited and donated to charity under the supervision of the Department of Economic Development.
- Payment of the Prize to the Winnings Balance of the winning Account holder shall fully and effectively discharge Us, Our officers, employees, representatives, contractors, any person or firm authorised by Us to pay Prizes, from any further liability for payment of that Prize.
- Without limiting the effect of Rule 6.1, We reserve the right to:
- withhold a Prize until We are satisfied that an Entry is valid and/or the Account holder is lawfully entitled to payment of a Prize;
- request proof of entitlement to a Prize (including, without limitation, identification information, proof of identity, residency or location when Entering a Draw and capacity to claim);
- invite a court to decide who a Prize should be paid to and/or make payment into court;
- declare an Entry invalid (and will not, therefore, be obliged to pay any Prize) if:
- a request for transfer or withdrawal is not received before the end of the relevant Withdrawal Period;
- the Entry is defective, has been tampered with in whole or in part or fails to pass Our validation and security tests.
- We reserve the right to refuse and will not be liable to pay a Participant a Prize if:
- the Participant does not meet the eligibility criteria in Rule 2.2;
- We reasonably believe You are involved in any activity which in Our discretion is illegal, inappropriate, or unacceptable, including but not limited to fraud, money laundering, collusion or cheating of any kind; or
- You are unable or fail to supply the necessary identification documentation when withdrawing a Prize.
If a Prize is paid to anyone who does not meet such eligibility criteria, that person will be obliged to repay the Prize immediately upon Our request. We reserve the right to recover any incorrectly paid Prize.
- We will not be responsible or liable to any person claiming a Prize which has been paid to a person who assumed the identity of the relevant Account holder.
- Under no circumstance will interest be payable on any Prize.
- Prizes will be paid in full only to the registered holder of the Account with the winning Entry, unless You are a person with a legal, physical or other disability and are claiming a Prize, where, in these circumstances, We may pay the Prize to Your authorised representative.
- In the event of the death of an Account holder, a person can withdraw a Prize on behalf of such deceased's estate where they can prove, to Our satisfaction, that they are entitled to make such a withdrawal (for example, by providing a grant of probate).
- All cash Prizes will be paid in United Arab Emirates Dirham in the amount advised by Us as the final amount payable for that winning Entry. If You wish to receive your Prize in a currency other than AED and receive and withdraw it from outside of the UAE, applicable exchange rates, conversion and receiving bank charges will apply. Due to anti-money laundering rules and regulations, Match Six Prizes will only be paid into a UAE bank account (an Authorised Financial Institution can assist with account opening if required).
- We disclaim any and all liability, including any express or implied warranties, whether oral or written, to any Syndicate Members. By Entering a Draw, You acknowledge that no representation has been made by Us that We shall be responsible for or have any liability whatsoever for any purported claim from a Syndicate Member. For the avoidance of doubt, We will only be liable for any valid claim made by the registered holder of the Account with the winning Entry.
- Where You Enter with the intent of sharing a Prize with Syndicate Members, You are:
- deemed to be the Participant for the purposes of these Rules; and
- are not acting as Our agent for that purpose, and We shall not be:
- liable for the payment of any Prize to any Syndicate Member other than a Prize emanating from a winning Entry which is payable only to the to the registered holder of the Account with such winning Entry; and
- bound by any agreement between the registered holder of the Account and any Syndicate Member.
- Winners' Information
- By Entering the Draw, You authorise Us to disclose and publish Your personal data (including name, city of residence, nationality, photos and the amount of the Prize won) publicly as is deemed appropriate at Our sole discretion. This information can be disclosed to any person(s) and in any mode or manner as We may deem appropriate. In addition, You agree to participate in publicity surrounding Your win, as reasonably required by Us. Refusal to allow Us to publish such information and/or to partake in reasonable publicity will result in Your Prize being forfeited and donated to charity under the supervision of the Department of Economic Development.
- We can, in exceptional circumstances, keep Your identity private, but only if You can demonstrate, to Our satisfaction and at our sole discretion, a high risk of harm should this information be made public.
- Notwithstanding Rule 7.2 above, You understand and accept that, regardless of any requested anonymity, We may, if required by law or pursuant to the terms of Our jackpot insurance, provide a third party with Your details and the details of any Prize claimed by You or on Your behalf, or paid to You.
- Draw Postponement
If We deem it reasonable to do so, We may delay a Draw for as long as We believe it to be appropriate in the circumstances. In these instances, Participants will be permitted to Enter the delayed Draw beyond the normal cut off times.
- Limitation of Liability
- Our only obligation is to pay the Prizes won in any Draw to the rightful owners of winning Entries. We will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss of whatever nature other than, subject to Rule 9.2, the non-payment of a Prize to the rightful owners of winning Entries.
- We shall not in any circumstances be liable for any loss, direct or consequential or damage incurred by any Participant or any other person arising from the participation by any person in Mahzooz. In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of this rule, We shall not be liable to any person for:
- events beyond Our reasonable control and expectations (for example, without limitation, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, power cut and/or failure or obstruction of any network, broadcasting or telecommunications service);
- the failure or destruction of, or damage to, all or part of the Central Computer System or Our records or any third party;
- any mistakes caused by all or part of the Central Computer System or Our records or any third party;
- delays, losses, mistakes or omissions in or made by the banking system;
- any other action or event which prevents or hinders the issue of a valid Entry (including without limitation the failure of the Online Services to display correctly on any device used to view it).
- Nothing in these Rules excludes or limits (a) any person's liability (i) for fraud; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by breach of any duty that person may have to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill; or (b) any other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
- The reasonable exercise by Us of any discretion provided for by these Rules, including with respect of the determination of a winning Entry or payment of a Prize will be final and binding unless otherwise provided by law.
- In the event that a dispute arises, we may withhold payment of a Prize and/or make an equivalent payment into court until it has been resolved.
- If any provision (or part of a provision) in any of these Rules is decided by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void and/or unenforceable, that decision will only affect the particular provision (or part of the provision) and will not, in itself, make the other provisions void or unenforceable.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer (in whole or in part) Your rights and/or obligations under these Rules, including, for the avoidance of doubt, the right to a Prize. Any assignment or transfer by You will be null and void. We may assign or transfer Our rights and/or obligations under these Rules in whole or in part to any third party at Our sole discretion.
- Except if We assign or transfer Our rights and/or obligations under these Rules, a person who is not a party to these Rules has no rights or otherwise to enforce any provision of these Rules.
- We may amend these Rules from time to time. Such amendments, modifications or changes will be applicable and contractually binding with effect from the date of their publication on the Online Services or on notification to You that changes have taken place, whichever is sooner and will apply to Entries made after the date on which the changes become effective, and/or Entries made before that date if reasonable in the circumstances. If We change these Rules You will be notified the next time You access Your Account.
- Law and Jurisdiction
The relevant law for these Rules is the laws of the Abu Dhabi Global Market ("ADGM") and any legal proceedings will be heard in the ADGM courts.
Version Number: 2
Issue Date: 15 April 2021